With more than 35 years of experience in a broad range of commercial and financial litigation, corporate investigations, crisis management and litigation advisory matters, Larry Varn is highly qualified to help clients resolve their most complicated and critical concerns. He has dealt with securities laws, complex corporate and financial transactions, corporate governance and ethics, unfair competition and misuse of trade secrets, claims and defenses arising out of large loss fires and other catastrophes, and matters involving fire and life safety codes and standards.
Larry has tried and argued cases in trial and appellate courts and arbitral tribunals across the United States and has supervised multiple litigations in the United Kingdom. In addition, he regularly represents corporate clients and high net worth individuals in matrimonial, family law matters, guardianships and related proceedings in Massachusetts.
Honors & Distinctions
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004-2009
- Volunteer of the Year, PRISM International, 2003
- Member, PRISM International (Professional Records and Information Services Management), 1997-present; regular speaker, including keynote speaker at its annual United States and Europe conferences
- Member, NFPA International, 1997-present, including former member of the Technical Committee on Record Protection and regular speaker at annual conferences since 2003
- Member, American, Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations, 1982-present
- Member, International Association of Arson Investigators, Massachusetts and United Kingdom chapters, 2000-present
- Allied Professional Member, Society of Fire Protection Engineers, 2005-present
- Professional member, National Fire Sprinkler Association, 2005-present
- Professional member, International Code Conference, 2007-present
- Member, Royal Over-Seas League (U.K.), 2006-present
- Member, British American Business Council of New England
- Member, Harvard Faculty Club, 1990-present
- "Pattern Discovery: Motor Vehicles" (3rd ed. 2005), Thomson West Group.
- "Pattern Discovery: Premises Liability" (3rd ed. 2005), Thomson West Group.
- "Pattern Discovery: Products Liability" (3rd ed. 2005), Thomson West Group.
- "Expert Witness Checklists" (3rd ed. 2004), Thomson West Group.