Alex Mattera focuses his practice on all aspects of commercial bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation, insolvency, business reorganization, and creditor and debtor rights. His representation includes secured creditors, with an emphasis on workouts and collection of troubled and defaulted loans, as well as creditors' committees, trustees, debtors, and other parties-in-interest in bankruptcy and related proceedings. He is a frequent panelist on behalf of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
Early in his career, Alex served as law clerk to the Honorable James F. Queenan, Jr., former chief judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Honors & Distinctions
- Distinguished rating from Martindale-Hubbell, based upon the confidential opinion of peers and judges.
- Super Lawyers, "Rising Star", 2005-2012
- Pro Bono Publico recognition from United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- Steering Committee (2006 - present)
- Co-chair, Education Committee (2013 - 2015)
- Co-chair, Practice and Procedures Committee (2011-2013)
- Co-chair, Membership Committee (2006-2008)
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Steering Committee member
- Turnaround Management Association
- M. Ellen Carpenter Financial Literacy Program volunteer
- Lanesville Congregational Church
- Chairman, Board of Deacons