Daniel Strader focuses his practice in the area of employment law litigation and counseling. Dan represents employers in a wide variety of employment matters, including wage and hour litigation, discrimination claims, contract disputes, and enforcement of restrictive covenants. He regularly counsels clients on compliance with state and federal employment laws such as FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, ADA, and ADEA. Dan works with clients on reviewing and drafting employment contracts, employment policy handbooks, non-compete and severance agreements, and performs audits of clients' employee recordkeeping practices.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Dan was an associate in the Sarasota, Florida office of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP. While in law school, Dan interned for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He was an assistant executive editor and digest writer for the Stetson Law Review, and received multiple scholastic awards including the Stetson Dean's Merit Scholarship, Presidential Award Merit Scholarship, and Dean's List, and was a Stetson Honors Program graduate and member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Distinctions
- Named a New England "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2019)
- Named a Florida "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2016-2017)
- Impact and Investment Committee, Brick & Beam Society, United Way of Greater Portland (2019)
- Suncoast School for Innovative Studies, Board of Directors (2016-2017)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Suncoast, Sarasota Community Board (2013-2015)