Brooks Magratten is the partner in charge of the firm's Providence office. He has more than 30 years of experience in insurance, product liability and commercial litigation. He is the former Northeast Regional Director of DRI and former chair of its Life, Health & Disability Insurance Committee.
Brooks is a frequent author, instructor and lecturer on ERISA issues and trial skills. He has represented commercial interests in litigation throughout the northeastern U.S. He is an adjunct professor of the Roger Williams Law School, teaching federal practice and procedure.
Brooks, his wife Paige and daughter Colby reside in Providence, Rhode Island. They are active supporters of the MS Society.
Honors & Distinctions
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized as a New England "Super Lawyer" in the field of employee benefits litigation
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Health Care Law (since 2011) and Commercial Litigation (since 2012)
- President, Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter
- Former Chair, Rhode Island Bar Association, Federal Bench/Bar Committee
- Past President of the Defense Counsel of Rhode Island
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Member, Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Member, Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- Fellow, Rhode Island Bar Foundation
- Former Chair, ABA-TIPS, Health & Disability Insurance Committee
- Faculty, International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy at Stanford Law school
- Editor, ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits, American Bar Association (Annual)
- Participant in annual National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Challenge Walk; has helped raise $300,000 in this 50-mile, three-day walk: 2002 - present