Liam Vesely represents banks, lending institutions and private lenders in all facets of troubled loan transactions, including workout, asset recovery, and collection of loan indebtedness. Liam also represents businesses, business owners, landlords and management companies in commercial, contract, leasing and tenancy disputes. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, asset recovery, lender workout, collection, foreclosure and landlord/tenant matters.
Liam Vesely frequently appears on behalf of clients in Massachusetts state trial courts. He has tried cases before the Massachusetts Superior Court, various state District Courts, the Boston Municipal Court, the Housing Court and the Probate and Family Court, as well as the federal United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. He also appears on behalf of creditors before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Named a Massachusetts "Super Lawyer" for Business Litigation in Boston (2004-2006, 2010-2019)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Past member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Sudbury Board of Assessors (2002-present)
- Moot Court judge for Legal Methods program at New England School of Law
- A seven-figure settlement of a fidelity bond claim on behalf of an insured financial institution
- Pre-judgment security in suits on behalf of lenders and creditors
- Favorable results for lenders in various cases where breach of contract, misrepresentation and "lender-liability" type claims are asserted by borrowers
Latest Updates in Banking & Financial Services
- Relief for creditors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Defeated number of attempts to enjoin foreclosure sales in suits brought by borrowers
Latest Updates in Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Settlement of disputed sale of business assets after obtaining injunctive relief
- Injunctive relief for international manufacturer in breach of contract suit