Gavin McCarthy's practice covers a wide variety of complex commercial litigation, with a particular emphasis on class action defense and construction litigation. Gavin's practice spans the country, from defending a leading disability insurer in a class action in Louisiana to representing a major energy provider in an eight-figure construction dispute in Maine to handling a series of building product class actions in South Carolina and Massachusetts. At the same time, Gavin regularly practices in both state and federal court in Maine, and is the author of the Maine sections of the ABA's 50-state survey of class action law and two leading fifty-state construction law treatises.
Gavin is currently representing a major life insurer in an ERISA class action, a decking manufacturer in a building product class action, a window manufacturer in a building product class action, and an energy provider in an eight-figure construction dispute.
Honors & Distinctions
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2018 as an "Up and Coming" attorney in Litigation: General Commercial
- Named by corporate counsel to the BTI Client Service All-Stars 2017
- Recognized since 2013 by The Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation - Construction
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers for Class Action and Mass Torts (2009-2013)
- Member, Maine Bar Association
- Co-author, Chapter on Maine Procurement Rules and Regulations, ABA Guide to State Procurement
- Member, Cleaves Law Library Board of Directors