Melanie Conroy focuses her practice on class action defense and complex commercial litigation. She has represented clients in connection with internal, government, and regulatory investigations, and has counseled boards of directors, board committees, and senior management on a broad range of matters, including securities, corporate governance, disclosure, and regulatory issues.
Melanie represents businesses and organizations across a wide range of industries, including life sciences, financial services, insurance, private equity, real estate, energy, media, consumer electronics, and retail apparel. Melanie regularly appears in state and federal trial courts, and is experienced in private arbitration and mediation.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Melanie was a senior associate in the Securities Litigation Practice Group at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP. Melanie writes frequently on topics including class action litigation, corporate governance, and securities laws.
- Boston Bar Association, member, Multidistrict Litigation and Class Actions Section
- Boston Bar Foundation, Junior Fellow
- American Bar Association, member, Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee, Securities Litigation Committee
- Harvard Law School Association of Massachusetts, member
- Harvard Law School Women’s Alliance of Boston, member
- Co-author, What to Know About Rule 23’s Potential Revamp, Law360 (2017)
- Contributor, Defending Clients in Insider Trading Investigations and Enforcement Actions, Defending Corporations and Individuals in Government Investigations ch. 13 (Daniel J. Fetterman & Mark P. Goodman eds., 2012-2013 and 2014-2015)
- Co-author, Applying Securities Laws to Social Media Communications, Corporate & Securities Advisor and Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance & Financial Regulation (2013)
- Friends of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, board member
- Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project, volunteer attorney, 2017 Pro Bono Mentor Award recipient
- International Refugee Assistance Project, volunteer attorney
- Open Boston Logan Airport Volunteer Attorneys, Leadership Committee
- Friends of the Newton Free Library, member
- Sacred Heart Parish, Social Justice and Peace Committee