Ilan Barzilay is an intellectual property practitioner specializing in obtaining and enforcing patent rights. He leads a team of attorneys that procures patents for clients ranging from technology startups and research institutions to established companies and multinational corporations.
Ilan is a trusted advisor to clients seeking meaningful protection that aligns with important business goals. His practice also includes handling contentious matters in the federal courts and before the USPTO. Ilan has experience in all aspects of IP law, including portfolio management, opinions, licensing, trademarks, and copyrights.
While Ilan specializes in the fields of electrical engineering and computer science, his work covers a wide variety of technologies including speech processing, machine learning, cloud computing, electronic devices, telecom systems, microelectromechanical structures (MEMS), database management, financial services software, medical devices, flexible sprinklers, consumer products, equestrian hoof-pads, scented candles, and partridges-in-pear-trees.
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation - Intellectual Property and Patent Law (2014-present)
- Named a "Rising Star" in New England Super Lawyers (2008-2012, 2014)
- Former Counselor, Boston Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Town Meeting member, Needham, Mass.
- Former member of the Board of Trustees, Temple Beth Shalom, Needham, Mass.