Matt O'Connor is an associate in Pierce Atwood’s Litigation and Business Practice Groups, handling complex commercial litigation, ERISA matters, corporate restructuring, and state and federal insolvency proceedings. He is actively involved in all aspects of litigation, including investigation, discovery, and depositions, and has experience with alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
Before joining Pierce Atwood, Matt was an associate in the Boston and Providence offices of Morrison Mahoney LLP. Prior to that, he was a law clerk to Associate Justice Francis X. Flaherty of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. While in law school, Matt was a member of the Suffolk Prosecutors Clinic, the Moot Court Honor Board, and a comment editor for the Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy.
Honors & Distinctions
- Pro Bono Honor Roll, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (2014)
- Masschusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Member, New Lawyers Committee, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee, Rhode Island Bar Association
- "Mode of Operation: Not Just for Supermarkets Anymore," The Standard (February 2016)