Neal Pratt is a skilled, experienced trial lawyer with more than 28 years of experience trying high-profile cases before juries, judges, arbitrators, and administrative authorities. He is known for his strategic planning and meticulous preparation that often produces a favorable result for his client without the need for protracted litigation.
Neal specializes in complex civil and commercial litigation, including shareholder/partnership disputes, product liability and tort cases, and school disputes and disciplinary matters. He also has substantial experience handling construction disputes, cell tower litigation, and intellectual property cases.
During his six terms as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Cumberland County Civic Center, Neal led the successful bond referendum campaign in which voters approved a $33 million modernization initiative, and successfully navigated extensive media coverage and secured the eventual dismissal of a lawsuit waged by Portland’s professional hockey team.
Maine's largest newspaper has praised Neal as having "earned the reputation as a skilled trial lawyer and top-notch litigator," and clients have stated "he is an excellent attorney" and "he is full of energy and fights the way you would want your brother to."
Honors & Distinctions
- Recipient of Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce “Robert R. Masterton Award for Leadership in Economic Development (2012)
- Appointed by Chief Judge of US District Court to serve on Federal Local Rules Advisory Committee
- Named a "Local Litigation Star" in Maine by Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys, in the area of General Commercial Litigation (2011-present)
- Since 2010, recognized by Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Product Liability Defense, and Insurance Law
- Included in New England Super Lawyers for Business Litigation (2008-present)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Commercial Litigation (2007-present)
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Edward T. Gignoux Inn of Court
- Fellow, Maine Bar Foundation
- Director, Maine Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors (2015-present)
- President, Scarborough Baseball Boosters Club (2016-present)
- Trustee and six-term Chair, Cross Insurance Arena (formerly Cumberland County Civic Center) (2002-2017)
- Director, Maine Convention and Visitors Bureau (2011-2013)
- Director and coach, Scarborough Little League (coached SLL All-Star team to three consecutive district and state titles and two regional tournament appearances) (2006-2013)