Shea Watson is an associate in the Litigation Practice Group.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Shea worked for a Portland-based law firm where she focused on business and property disputes. She previously served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joseph M. Jabar, associate justice of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
While in law school, Shea completed an externship for Magistrate Judge John H. Rich III of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maine, and interned with the Legal Aid Society in Manhattan as a public defender and with the legal and compliance team of a publicly traded company.
Shea also served as a teaching fellow for first-year Torts and Criminal Law classes and participated in moot court. She was a 2019 recipient of the National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Law Student Award and Maine Law’s Faculty Significant Achievement Award.
Before attending law school, Shea worked as a constituent caseworker for Senator Christopher Murphy of Connecticut.
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in Civil Litigation by New England Super Lawyers (2021-2022)
- Mentorship coordinator, Maine State Bar Association, Women’s Law Section
- Governing Council, Maine State Bar Association, New Lawyers Section
- Amicus Committee member, Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar coach, University of Maine School of Law Bar Exam Task Force