Nick Brown’s practice is concentrated on business litigation and construction law. He also has experience as a management side labor and employment attorney, having represented and advised employers in labor relations, employment discrimination, and compliance with state and federal employment laws. In addition, Nick has represented local school districts in education law disputes and has advised school committees and administrators on compliance with state and federal laws such as the IDEA, FERPA and the Rehabilitation Act.
While in law school Nick was a Teacher's Assistant of Constitutional Law and worked as a law clerk in the Property & Casualty Law Group at a major insurance company in Hartford, Connecticut. Nick’s educational experience at UConn also included an externship with the United States Postal Service legal department defending Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and Title VII employment discrimination claims.
- Fellow, Boston Bar Association Public Interest Leadership Program, 2016-2017
- Boston Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Co-editor and contributing author to the Rhode Island Employment Law Letter, a monthly newsletter designed for Rhode Island employers published by M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC, (2010-2012)
- Contributing author to Wage and Hour Laws – A State-by-State Survey (Gregory K. McGillivary ed., 2d ed. 2011)
- Contributing author to 50 Employment Laws in 50 States (Employers Counsel Network, 2010-2011 editions)