Jared des Rosiers' practice focuses on complex energy regulatory, infrastructure development and siting, and litigation matters before the Maine Public Utilities Commission (MPUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and state and federal courts around the country.
In each case, Jared strives to develop a comprehensive strategic plan for success in collaboration with his clients and then to efficiently implement that plan through advocacy, negotiation and creativity. When litigation is necessary, Jared uses discovery, witness preparation, motion practice, and trial, as necessary, in order to achieve his clients' business, regulatory, and policy goals in the most cost-effective manner possible.
Jared has broad experience on energy regulatory, siting, and investigation matters including representation of clients with respect to issues of transmission development and siting, rate recovery and design, ISO/RTO participation and market design, enforcement investigations, power purchase agreement disputes, and smart grid implementation.
Jared is also a member of the firm's Management Committee and Chair of the firm's energy infrastructure development group.
Honors & Distinctions
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Maine for Energy Law by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2018 and 2020
- Nominated as Avangrid's "Supplier of the Year" for Service Excellence in 2016 and 2017
- Included since 2010 in The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation and Energy Law
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Energy & Natural Resources Law
- Named by Super Lawyers as a top rated lawyer in Maine for Energy & Natural Resources since 2012
- Named a Maine Bar Fellow in 2010
- Member, Cumberland County and Maine State Bar Associations
- Member, Energy Bar Association
- Jared regularly participates in regulatory and energy infrastructure seminars, including Burns & McDonnell's symposium on stakeholder relations for transmission projects (October 2016), the LSI, Energy in the Northeast programs (September 2016 & 2015), ABA’s webinar Current Legal Challenges in Energy and Water Infrastructure Development (August 2016), Harvard Electricity Policy Group's winter meeting (February 2007) and the ABA's "Quick Teleconference" (January 2007) on the Ninth Circuit's decision in Public Utilities Commission of California v. FERC.
- Jared also organizes and hosts Pierce Atwood's annual Energy Infrastructure symposium, which strives to educate and connect policymakers, developers, investors and other stakeholders interested in the development of energy infrastructure in the Northeast.
- Co-author, Mobile-Sierra and Market-Based Regulation: How Will the Supreme Court Strike the Balance? American Bar Association Energy Litigation Journal. Spring 2008
- CAISO's Physical Validation Settlement Service: A Useful Tool for All LMP-Based Markets. The Electricity Journal, Vol. 18, Issue 8. October 2005
- Director, VLP Inc., 2019-present
- President, Notre Dame Law Association, 2013-2015
- Regional Director, Notre Dame Law Association, 2007-2013
- Member, Notre Dame Law School Advisory Council, 2013-2015
- Trustee, Maine Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection, 2011-2017
- Finance Council Member, Holy Martyrs Parish, Falmouth, Maine, 2006-2011
- Alternate Public Member, Maine Labor Relations Board, 2000-2010
- Volunteer, Preble Street Resource Center, 2015-present