Jackie Kurz concentrates her practice exclusively on real estate matters with a focus on conveyancing and title. She represents corporate and individual clients in a wide array of real estate matters including sales and acquisitions, closings, easements, partition actions and title insurance.
Whether working collaboratively on a multi-site transaction with complex real estate issues or a single transaction, Jackie routinely provides guidance to corporations and individuals to meet their real estate needs. In addition to serving clients, she provides support in real estate matters for the firm's Business, Trusts and Estates, and Litigation Practice Groups.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Jackie served as president of a title company providing closing and title insurance services for institutional lenders. She also practiced in smaller firms, always with an emphasis on real estate including real estate litigation that has provided a framework for providing practical, concrete advice.
Working with the Litigation Practice Group, she has successfully represented families and individuals in highly contested real estate partition actions. Recently, her analysis and memorandum on complex title and easement issues provided the basis for a national title insurance company to successfully defeat a title claim on summary judgment.
- Listed since 2012 in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law
- Member, Cumberland County Bar Association
- Member, Maine State Bar Association, Real Estate and Title Section
- Member, Maine Real Estate Development Association
- Former member, Town of Gorham Zoning Board of Appeals
- Former member, Gorham Land Trust
- Jackie has served as a director of a nonprofit children's organization serving children with developmental needs.
- Represented a food manufacturing client in all aspects of real estate as part of asset sale to national corporation
- Providing ongoing title review and analysis for site development for an international alternative energy corporation
- Serving as Maine counsel for a Massachusetts developer in the review of complex land and intertidal easements in the acquisition of a waterfront processing plant
- Provide title review and analysis for site locations for a national water bottling company