Paula Devereaux is an experienced commercial real estate and land use attorney, focusing her practice on development, zoning, permitting, planning, and environmental regulatory compliance. Paula serves as real estate counsel for a number of clients in the Greater Boston area, ranging from smaller organizations to large corporations, medical centers, retailers, and real estate firms. She regularly advises clients on Boston permitting matters, waterfront development issues, and in sales, acquisitions, and financings.
Paula is active in the real estate community, serving in leadership roles on several boards, and is currently president of the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (REBA).
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Paula was a partner on the Real Estate, Environmental, Land Use & Zoning, Finance, and Health Care teams at Rubin and Rudman LLP, a midsized law firm in Boston.
Honors & Distinctions
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law (2018)
- REBA – president (2019); member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- NAIOP – co-chair, Environmental Committee and former vice president, Public Affairs
- The Abstract Club – member
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), Environmental and Real Estate Law Curriculum Committee – lecturer in real estate and Boston zoning practices
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation – former treasurer
- IOLTA Committee – former member
- "Parks, Urban Renewal, and the Public Trust," REBA News, December 2012
- Catholic Charities North, Archdiocese of Boston – member, Board of Directors
- Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Boston – former member, Board of Trustees
- Town of Nahant – former chair, Finance Committee