Denis Robinson's diverse commercial real estate practice has developed over a span of two decades in New Hampshire. Whether involved in the acquisition of a major NH ski area or retail center, the development of medical office space or a large scale subdivision, the negotiation and drafting of build to suit leasing arrangements, or the management of due diligence for a wide range of real estate projects, Denis focuses on the legal details that matter to the project's success.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood's Real Estate Practice Group in 2007, Denis was chair of the Real Estate Practice and Land Use Development group at a large Manchester, New Hampshire law firm, representing clients in all aspects of commercial purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of real estate. Denis served as General Counsel for Bedford Capital Funding, LLC from 2000-2003. While at Bedford Capital, Denis closed credit tenant loans across the nation and oversaw the securitization of those loans, including the rating and servicing of the pooled assets. Prior to joining Bedford Capital Funding, LLC, Denis was an attorney at a Manchester-based law firm that specialized in real estate and creditor's rights. While there, and since then, Denis has advised and assisted government and financial institutions with respect to foreclosure, debt restructure, and bankruptcy issues.
- Listed since 2010 in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law
- Recognized in Chambers USA for Real Estate Law
- Member, Business and Industry Association Board of Directors
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association, Real Estate Section; currently serves on the Title Standards Review Committee
Co-author, “NH Real Estate Transfer Tax: A Review of 2016 Amendments to RSA 78-B After the Dust Has Settled,” New Hampshire Bar News, May 16, 2018 (Vol. 28, No. 12)
- Member, Bedford Library Foundation
- Board member, Manchester Police Athletic League Board of Directors
- Former member, Manchester Economic Redevelopment Committee, Hudson Planning Board, and Nashua Regional Planning Commission
- Acquisition and financing of major New Hampshire ski area and related resort facilities
- Acquisition of physician practice groups for major New Hampshire hospital
- Development of over 100,000 square feet of medical office and non-acute care project
- Negotiation of build-to-suit lease amendment for 246,000-square-foot corporate headquarters of Fortune 1000 company
- Federal and state registration and development of 140-lot residential subdivision