Peg Smith handles all aspects of commercial acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, title review and analysis, with particular expertise in drafting and analyzing conservation easements. She represents timberland companies, commercial developers, nonprofit organizations, and individual clients with respect to their various real estate needs, and regularly assists energy companies with real estate matters related to solar development, hydroelectric facilities, and transmission corridors. Peg routinely provides support to the firm’s Business, Trusts & Estates and Litigation Practice Groups to address the varied real estate needs of firm clients.
Peg attended Tulane Law School and was a member of the Tulane Law Review before transferring to Boston College as part of her family’s return to New England after Hurricane Katrina. Before attending law school, Peg worked for several years in the field of nutrition as a research and clinical dietician.
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Real Estate, Zoning, and Land Use Law (2020-present)
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law (2020-present)
- Member, Maine Bar Association, Real Estate and Title Section
- Board of Trustees, Waynflete School (2022-present)
- Board of Directors, Telling Room (2018-present)
- Chair, Maine Advisory Board, Trust for Public Land (2019-2022)
- Member, Maine Advisory Board, Trust for Public Land (2016-2022)
- Editorial Board, Maine Bar Journal (2014-2018)
- Board of Directors, Catherine Morrill Day Nursery (2013-2015)