Peter Gelzinis advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. He has extensive experience working with client teams on complex transactions relating to the acquisition, disposition, financing, joint venture, leasing, and development of different types of commercial properties, including office, industrial, mixed use, multifamily, hotel and retail properties. He regularly negotiates purchase agreements and loan documents, performs due diligence, and manages the transaction through closing. Over the course of his career, Peter has represented a mix of clients, ranging from private equity and private real estate funds, REITs, developers, educational institutions, and public and private companies in the Boston area and across the country.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Peter was a real estate associate in the Boston office of Mintz. Peter began his legal career as a law clerk to the Honorable Keith C. Long of the Massachusetts Land Court.
Peter is a magna cum laude graduate of Suffolk University Law School where he served as the lead articles editor of the Suffolk University Law Review.
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in Real Estate Law by Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2018-2020)
- Rappaport Fellow in Law and Public Policy (2010)
- Boston Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Board member, Paraclete Center, South Boston
- Member, Commonwealth School Alumni Association, Boston
- Represented a leading educational institution, as ground lessor, in a $3.45 billion transaction involving the sale of leasehold interests in a portfolio of life-science properties.
- Represented a Dallas-based private real estate company, as landlord, in the negotiation of a lease with a leading contract development and manufacturing organization for 130,000 square foot life sciences lab and good manufacturing practice (GMP) facility.
- Represented a local real estate company in the acquisition, joint venture, and financing of an office building located in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Represented a multifamily owner in a $38,750,000 refinance of a multifamily property in Tampa, Florida and related defeasance of the prior loan secured by the property.
- Represented a private real estate company in the acquisition and financing of an industrial warehouse and distribution facility in the Greater Boston area.
- Represented a Boston-based developer in the refinancing of a mixed-use hotel and retail property in Boston.
- Represented an owner/operator of student housing in an $80,000,000 acquisition of a portfolio of student housing properties in Providence, Rhode Island consisting of 120 rental units.