Peter Gelzinis has extensive experience advising and counseling clients on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, disposition, financing, joint venture, leasing, and development of different types of commercial properties, including office, industrial, mixed use, multifamily, hotel, and retail properties.
Peter regularly negotiates purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, and loan documents, performs all aspects of due diligence, and manages the transaction through closing. In addition, Peter maintains an active commercial leasing practice, representing landlords and tenants in leases for office, industrial, and life science properties.
Over the course of his career, Peter has represented a mix of clients, including private equity and private real estate funds, REITs, developers, educational institutions, and public and private companies in the Boston area and across the country.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Peter was a real estate associate in the Boston office of Mintz. Peter began his legal career as a law clerk to the Honorable Keith C. Long (retired) of the Massachusetts Land Court.
A Boston native, Peter is a magna cum laude graduate of Suffolk University Law School where he served as the lead articles editor of the Suffolk University Law Review.
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in Real Estate Law by Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2018-2020)
- Rappaport Fellow in Law and Public Policy (2010)
- Board member, Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- Co-chair, REBA Commercial Real Estate Finance Section
- Boston Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Board member, Paraclete Center, South Boston
- Member, Commonwealth School Alumni Association, Boston
- Represented a private real estate company in the acquisition and financing of a “last mile” distribution facility located in the Greater Boston area.
- Represented an owner/operator of student housing in an $80 million acquisition of a portfolio of student housing properties in Providence, Rhode Island consisting of 120 rental units.
- Represented a private real estate company in the acquisition, joint venture, and financing of an office building located in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Represented a Massachusetts real estate company in the acquisition, joint venture, and financing of a portfolio of four industrial properties in southern New Hampshire.
- Represented a multifamily owner in a $21 million acquisition of membership interests in a limited liability company that owned over 100 condominium units in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- Represented a leading educational institution, as ground lessor, in a $3.45 billion transaction involving the sale of leasehold interests in a portfolio of lifescience properties.
- Represented a Massachusetts real estate company in a $49 million sale of an industrial property located outside of Boston.
- Represented a privately held company in a $28 million sale of a storage facility in a Boston neighborhood.
- Represented the owner of an iconic Boston property in a $100 million financing to enable future construction and redevelopment of the site.
- Represented a multifamily owner in a $38.75 million refinance of a multifamily property in Tampa, Florida and related defeasance of the prior loan secured by the property.
- Represented a Boston-based developer in a $13 million refinancing of a mixed-use hotel and retail property in Boston.
- Represented a Dallas-based private real estate company, as landlord, in the negotiation of a lease with a leading contract development and manufacturing organization for 130,000-square-foot life sciences lab and good manufacturing practice (GMP) facility.
- Represented a subtenant in a sub-sublease of space in a Boston office tower and a simultaneous sublease of new office space.
Ongoing representation of a landlord in the leasing of space in a professional and medical office campus located outside of Boston.