Matthew Pappas focuses his practice on commercial real estate, representing lenders and borrowers in an array of complex financing transactions. His experience includes structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial real estate acquisition and construction loans for clients that have financed a variety of real property, including commercial and multifamily condominiums, recreation facilities, office complexes, retail centers and manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Matthew focused on commercial lending and real estate conveyancing as an associate at Cumsky & Levin LLP in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Goldenberg, Walters and Popkewitz in Brookline, Massachusetts. During law school, Matt worked for Cetrulo & Capone LLP, Reebok International, the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Honorable Paul L. McGill.
- Representation of lender in documenting $51 million loan for the development of an 80,000 square foot ground leased parcel to construct a building containing 125,000 square feet of lab, office, and research & development space, with 84 parking spaces, at the property located at Northern Avenue and Tide Street in South Boston.
- Representation of lender in connection with $7.8 million loan for construction of 20 condominium units and 20 parking spaces in East Boston.
- Representation of lender in connection with $76 million construction loan for complex in Brighton that will include the new Boston Celtics training and practice facility, as well as office and laboratory space.
- Representation of lender in connection with $9 million loan for acquiring, leasing and improving vacant flex industrial warehouse in Canton.
- Representation of lender in connection with $33.5 million loan for the construction of 115,139 square foot office condominium in Medford.
- Representation of lender in connection with $21 million loan for refinance of major retail building in Harvard Square.
- Representation of lender in connection with $22 million loan for construction of 68-unit assisted living project in Haverhill.