Pierce Atwood’s construction lawyers advise owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers on construction-related matters throughout the life of a project.
Our construction attorneys guide clients through the complicated legal and regulatory environments in which they must operate. We work to anticipate and prevent disputes and claims that can threaten a project’s success and our clients’ relationships with other project stakeholders.
When disputes do arise, our construction group is comprised of industry-leading lawyers who employ innovative techniques to efficiently resolve disputes whether through federal or state court proceedings, arbitration, mediation, or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
As a multiservice law firm, Pierce Atwood’s construction clients benefit from working with a single firm that can provide expansive representation. They know they can rely on Pierce Atwood attorneys to assist with:
- Negotiation and administration of contract documents whether standard form documents such as AIA Contract Documents and ConsensusDocs or manuscript documents such as EPC Contracts
- Consultation regarding the delivery method to select for a construction project whether design-bid-build, design build, EPC, or integrated project delivery (IPD)
- Coordination of the construction contracts owners have with various stakeholders (architects, engineers, construction managers, general contractors) to ensure the contracts are consistent and complement each other
- Prosecution and defense of bid protests and other administrative proceedings with public awarding authorities including licensing, labor classification, project labor agreement, and other issues
- Real estate acquisitions, permitting, development and financing
- Labor-related and general employment issues, including non-compete and gender, age, race, and handicap discrimination claims
- Guidance regarding the implementation of practices and protocols to mitigate risk and to increase the likelihood of receiving payment for services rendered
- Preservation and enforcement of contractual and statutory rights including mechanic’s lien claims, payment bond claims, and performance bond claims
- Negotiation of issues that arise during the performance of the construction operations so as to reduce disputes and delays
- Prosecution and defense of construction claims in all courts and in arbitration proceedings
And, in an industry where controlling costs is both a challenge and a necessity, clients find our legal fees to be transparent and predictable, which helps them manage their budgets confidently and effectively.
Our reputation as thought leaders in the construction industry is reflected in our attorneys’ active participation in bar activities and industry groups such as the American College of Construction Lawyers, ABA Forum on Construction Law, Associated General Contractors (AGC), Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Construction Industries of Massachusetts (CIM), and the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Visit the Solid Foundation blog where Pierce Atwood’s construction lawyers discuss construction related topics of interest to construction industry.