Pierce Atwood energy partner Merrill L. Kramer participated in a discussion on “Sustainable Slopes: Solar and Energy Storage Opportunities under a Biden White House and Democratically-Controlled Legislature.”
Merrill’s presentation included a discussion on:
- The Biden administration’s extension of renewable energy tax incentive
- President Biden’s executive orders and expected renewable initiatives
- Financing considerations for sustainable solar and storage projects
- Unique financing and planning considerations for ski areas
- Various markets and their different programs and incentives
- Financing solar and storage projects through third-party ownership contract structures
Merrill Kramer is an energy and project finance partner based in Pierce Atwood’s Washington, D.C. office. Merrill represents some of the most active and innovative players in the energy industry. He has advised Fortune 200 companies and other clients in the development and financing of over 80 energy and infrastructure projects representing more than $30 billion in invested capital.
NSAA is the trade association for ski area owners and operators. It represents over 300 alpine resorts that account for more than 90 percent of the skier/snowboarder visits nationwide. Additionally, it has more than 400 supplier members who provide equipment, goods and services to the mountain resort industry.