Our interdisciplinary New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) lawyers help investors, lenders, businesses, real estate developers, nonprofits, and community development entities (CDEs) close transactions that take advantage of federal and state NMTC programs, often in combination with other economic development incentives. Drawing on the skills of attorneys throughout our multiservice law firm, including in our tax, real estate, business, environmental, energy, and government relations practice groups, we ensure that the right mix of lawyers handles every aspect of your NMTC transaction.
Before you begin your next development project, find out how we can help you benefit from federal and state NMTC programs and other economic development incentives that will reduce the overall cost of your project. Our areas of service include:
- Identifying and securing state and federal NMTC allocation
- Innovative structuring of tax credit transactions
- Educating lenders and stakeholders regarding the unique characteristics of an NMTC financing
- Structuring project financing to maximize incentives
- Preparing all necessary legal contracts and loan documentation
- Providing advice on interrelated issues in the areas of tax, energy, environmental, and real estate law
- Providing all required legal and tax opinions
- Assisting in all compliance and asset management issues
In addition to our knowledge and experience in NMTC financings Pierce Atwood attorneys offer options for alternative fee arrangements that make it easier for our clients to pursue development projects.