Peter Guffin Panel Leader: Practising Law Institute Fundamentals of Privacy Law 2022
Pierce Atwood privacy and data security attorney Peter Guffin will lead a panel discussion in how privacy rules intersect with other practice areas. In this program, general legal practitioners, litigators, corporate counsel, and transactional attorneys will learn the basics of security obligations for personal information and regulatory enforcement. At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recall the basics of information security for personal information
- Identify the legal fundamentals for privacy protections
- Recognize the difference between “privacy” and “security”
- See the connection of privacy law with key practice areas, including health, financial services, communications, and third parties
- Understand a general primer on international privacy laws, such as the EU GDPR
- Know the response and remediation from data breach and regulatory inquiries
This program will take place in-person from PLI’s New York City conference center. Click here for more information.
Pierce Atwood attorney Peter J. Guffin is Chair of the firm’s Privacy and Data Security Practice Group, Professor of Practice at the University of Maine School of Law and director of the school’s Information Privacy Law Program, and a frequent author and speaker on the subjects of privacy law, cybersecurity, governance, and compliance.