Pierce Atwood privacy and data security attorney Peter Guffin will chair the panel, “Critical Infrastructure: Managing Cybersecurity Risk.” Topics to be discussed include:
- Identifying the industries classified as “critical infrastructure”
- The cyber threats those industries currently face
- Their heightened regulatory obligations
- Whether current frameworks and tools are adequate to manage cybersecurity risk
- Whether state and local governments have a role in supporting businesses in managing cybersecurity risk
- Scott Mahoney, general counsel/corporate secretary – Avangrid
- Neha Mudalgikar, head of cyber controls, TD Bank
- Laura O’Hanlon, General Dynamics Bath Iron Works Corporation
Pierce Atwood is pleased to be the lunch sponsor at this year’s event.
This program is part of University of Maine School of Law’s annual Information Privacy Summer Institute, and this year focuses on preventing and responding to cybercrime. Please visit Maine Law for more information and registration instructions.
Peter Guffin is Visiting Professor of Practice at Maine Law, teaching courses in information privacy law and cybersecurity. He is also co-director of the school’s Information Privacy Law Program.