This introductory program provides general and solo practitioners, transactional attorneys, general and corporate counsels, in-house lawyers, and legal professionals with a solid grounding in how privacy rules intersect with other practice areas. Attendees will learn:
- The basics of information security for personal information
- The legal fundamentals for privacy protections
- The difference between “privacy” and “security”
- The connection of privacy law with key practice areas, including health, financial services, communications, and third parties
- The general primer on international privacy laws, such as the EU GDPR
- The response and remediation from data breach and regulatory inquires
Please visit PLI for additional seminar information and registration instructions.
Pierce Atwood partner Peter J. Guffin is Chair of the firm’s Privacy and Data Security Practice Group, Professor of Practice at the University of Maine School of Law and director of the school’s Information Privacy Law Program, and a frequent author and speaker on the subject of privacy law, cybersecurity, governance, and compliance.