Best Lawyers in America 2017 Recognizes 72 Pierce Atwood Partners Firmwide: Eight Named "Lawyer of the Year"
Pierce Atwood LLP is pleased to announce that half of its attorneys firmwide were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 (Copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC). The attorneys were recognized in 60 specialty areas across all firm practices, in each of Pierce Atwood’s U.S. offices.
Pierce Atwood is also pleased to report that eight attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year,” a recognition presented annually to a single outstanding lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan location. The partners receiving this notable peer recognition are:
- David E. Barry, Litigation: Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- David J. Champoux: Securities/Capital Markets Law
- James M. Saffian: Banking and Finance Law
- James R. Erwin: Labor Law - Management
- John Delahanty: Administrative/Regulatory Law
- Matthew D. Manahan: Litigation - Environmental
- William E. Taylor: Environmental Law
Providence, Rhode Island:
- Mark Pogue: Labor Law – Management
We are proud to report that three Boston-based attorneys have been recognized for the first time in 2017, which is further recognition of the high caliber of talent in our growing Boston office:
New in 2016:
- Donald R. Pinto, Land Use and Zoning Law/Boston, MA. Don has extensive experience representing clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 500 companies that own, buy, sell, and develop real estate
- John A. Sten, Commercial Litigation/Boston, MA. John represents officers, directors, boards, and companies in matters involving fraud, false claims act, securities, health care, public corruption, and other investigations by federal, state and local law enforcement, and government regulators.
Finally, the firm received several “top-listed” designations, which are given to the firm that has the most listed lawyers in a particular region and practice area. In Maine, this year’s practices include: commercial litigation, environmental law, mass tort litigation/class actions–defendants, tax law, white-collar defense, and the prestigious “Bet-the-Company” Litigation area. In Rhode Island, our litigation-construction practice received a top-listed recognition.
A complete listing of Pierce Atwood’s attorney and firm recognitions is available at Best Lawyers.
About Best Lawyers
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which almost 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”