Chuck Graceffa, a partner in the firm's Business Group, has a general corporate and securities law practice concentrated in the areas of private equity, emerging company representation, public and private mergers and acquisitions, and securities law compliance. Chuck has extensive experience in M&A transactions involving the purchase and sale of insurance agencies. Chuck also has experience in commercial real estate transactions. Many of Chuck's clients turn to him on a daily basis for general business advice as he plays an active role in the strategic growth and advancement of his clients' businesses.
Before joining Pierce Atwood in 2004, Chuck was an associate with Goodwin Procter LLP, a Boston-based law firm with over 1,000 attorneys. Prior to pursuing a legal career, Chuck played professional hockey in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law since 2012
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A Law
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers for Business and Corporate Law in 2013
- Partner-in-Charge, Pierce Atwood's Annual Day of Community Service, 2008-2015
- Board Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Maine, 2006-2008
Represent a number of private equity firms in connection with both acquisitions and majority and minority investments, including recent transactions on behalf of the following clients:
- Bunker Hill Capital
- Investment in Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc.
- Acquisition of ImportLA, Inc. (d/b/a Tatsoul)
- Acquisition of Kingpin Tattoo Supply
- MedEquity Capital
- Acquisition of Liceguard, LLC
- Investment in Pharmalogic Holdings, Inc.
- Acquisition of Naturopathix
- Upstream Capital
Regularly represent clients in M&A transactions on both the buy-side and sell-side, including recent transactions on behalf of the following clients:
- Acquisition of Bennaissance, LLC (billing and payment solutions) by WEX, Inc.
- Acquisition of The Dingley Press, Inc. (catalog printer)
- Acquisition of Crooker Construction (construction)
- Acquisition of Cunningham Supply (plumbing supplies) by the Granite Group
- Acquisition of The Lydon Company (construction) by Jay Cashman, Inc.
- Sale of Sea Bags, Inc.(fashion accessories)
- Sale of Pacific Prides Services (affiliate of WEX Inc.) to FleetCor
- Sale of Tom’s of Maine (personal care products) to Colgate
- Sale of Liquid Wireless (mobile advertising) to Publisher’s Clearing House
- Sale of Dowling & O’Neil (insurance agency) to The Hilb Group
- Sale of Preload, Inc. (an affiliate of Jay Cashman, Inc.) to an affiliate of Caldwell Group, LLC
- Sale of IPC Lydon, LLC (an affiliate of Jay Cashman, Inc.) to an affiliate of Warren Equity Partners
- Sale of rapid! (paycards) (affiliate of WEX Inc.) to Unirush, LLC
- Insurance agency transactions
- Sale of Dowling & O'Neil to the Hilb Group
- Sale of Norton Insurance / Financial to HUB International
- Acquisition of Brennan Insurance Agency by Norton Insurance
Serve as general counsel to a number of businesses in various industry sectors, including:
- Clio Designs (consumer products)
- Rambler’s Way Farm (apparel)
- Crooker Construction (construction)
- Norton Insurance Agency (insurance)
- On Target (utility/construction)
- Maine Beer Company (brewery)
- Downeast Cider House (brewery)
- Migis Hotel Group (hospitality)
- Ocean Renewable Power Company (renewable energy)
- Charlie’s Motor Mall (automobile)
- Boston Centerless, Inc. (precision steel grinding)
- Air Control Industries (industrial fans)
- Redfern Properties (real estate developer)