Whether working with an emerging company or an established enterprise, an issuer of securities or an investor, Scott Pueschel distills his years of experience in business formations, business combinations and securities offerings into clear advice his clients can use. Scott prides himself on his ability to take a fresh look at a problem or issue while drawing on past experience to arrive at a straightforward and streamlined solution.
Throughout his career, Scott has worked with buyers and sellers, issuers, investors and underwriters in numerous private placements, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and public offerings. As a result, he understands the unique concerns and perspectives of each of these participants, helping his clients both to plan ahead for these transactions and to understand what motivates their counterparts when these transactions occur. Scott often works as an "outsourced" general counsel to his clients, closely involved as part of their management teams and coordinating the delivery of Pierce Atwood's full spectrum of expertise to them.
Scott joined Pierce Atwood in 2002 after more than eight years with Hale and Dorr LLP (now WilmerHale) in its Boston, MA and Reston, VA offices. Throughout his career, Scott has focused his practice on business formations, angel and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions and public offerings. Scott also maintains an active practice advising public companies with respect to SEC reporting and compliance with SEC and national securities exchange rules.
Scott has served in various leadership roles during his tenure at Pierce Atwood, including past service as Chair of Pierce Atwood's Business Practice Group and as a member of the firm's Management Committee.
Honors & Distinctions
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" for the Manchester, NH area by The Best Lawyers in America® for Mergers and Acquisitions Law in 2018 and for Corporate Law in 2015
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Corporate Law (since 2010), Securities/Capital Markets Law (since 2010), and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (since 2014)
- Listed in Chambers USA for Corporate/Commercial Law
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Hampshire School of Law (Mergers & Acquisitions), 2006-2012
- Board Trustees, Strawbery Banke Museum, Inc., 2004-2013