Scott E. Pueschel
My practice philosophy is simple – I pride myself on being practical. I am also a believer that success in the business world is not achieved by playing a zero-sum game, but rather in the art of finding the win-win situation in a spirit of good faith and cooperation. When it comes to transactions, my goal is to get the deal done on a reasonable basis for my client, without playing games, and as efficiently as possible while making realistic assessments of risk and reward. When it comes to day-to-day support for my clients, I look for opportunities to impart my own business judgment earned over many years of practice with businesses of all kinds – any lawyer can cite the law, but not every lawyer can integrate that understanding into the context of a client’s unique business situation. With respect to startups, one of the most important things I try to do is to keep everyone focused on good corporate housekeeping – clients appreciate not having to backfill and scramble when that investor or buyer starts doing due diligence. In all matters, I strive to maintain professional, courteous relationships and a sense of humor.
The core of my practice consists of mergers and acquisitions, angel and venture capital financings and business formations. I have seen all of these types of transactions from both sides, representing both buyers and sellers, issuers and investors, and so I have developed a keen sense of the unique concerns and perspectives of each of these participants. I have had the honor of helping entrepreneurs establish exciting new startups in a variety of industries, finance those companies and bring them to successful exits for their founders and investors. I have also had the privilege of working with many well-established companies as they pursue their growth plans through mergers and acquisitions. Between the excitement of that next round of financing or the ultimate exit, I have thoroughly enjoyed acting as an outsourced general counsel and business consultant to my clients, assisting them with their day-to-day legal needs and also bringing to bear what I’ve learned about business during more than 25 years of practice. I have assisted my clients in dealing with a wide variety of challenges, and that experience has proven valuable to new clients and new situations over the years.
So, if you have a new business idea that you are eager to launch, if you are raising capital for your venture or looking to invest capital yourself, if you have an acquisition target in mind or have just received that indication of interest for the purchase of your company, I would be delighted and honored to have the opportunity to work with you.
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" for the Manchester, NH area by The Best Lawyers in America® for Mergers and Acquisitions Law in 2018 and for Corporate Law in 2015
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Corporate Law (since 2010), Securities/Capital Markets Law (since 2010), and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (since 2014)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Corporate/Commercial Law
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Hampshire School of Law (Mergers & Acquisitions), 2006-2012
- Board Trustees, Strawbery Banke Museum, Inc.,
- Principal M&A counsel to an NYSE-listed MLP providing petroleum products terminaling, natural gas marketing and materials handling services
- Numerous financing rounds and general corporate representation of a manufacturer of semiconductor robotics equipment
- Numerous financing rounds and general corporate representation of a developer of inspection/detection systems focused on WMDs and contraband
- The formation, seed and venture financing and general corporate representation of a developer of web-based job search technology
- Lead counsel to a leading national food products company in the spinoff of a major subsidiary and in several additional acquisitions and dispositions
- Underwriters' counsel in two public offerings of common stock by bank holding companies
- Counsel to a venture capital fund in its investments in a developer of demand chain management software, a developer of clinical billing and practice management software and a developer of wind energy facilities
- Comprehensive representation of a developer of renewable energy facilities in a series of tax exempt bond financings, a preferred stock and warrants PIPE, a private placement of common stock and five underwritten public offerings of common stock and convertible debt.