Ariel Pardee works with the Business Practice Group on a wide range of commercial transactions, and with the IP and Data Security teams in areas including cybersecurity, privacy, intellectual property, and technology transactions.
Ariel graduated magna cum laude from the University of Maine School of Law, where she also received a Certificate in Information Privacy Law. Ariel is a Certified Information Privacy Professional in U.S. Law (CIPP/US) and European Law (CIPP/E). While in law school, Ariel received the 2018 Information Privacy and 2018 Commercial Law Awards, and was the Juvenile Justice Fellow and Chair of the Maine Juvenile Law Society. She was also the technical editor of the Maine Law Review.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Ariel served as a judicial law clerk for Justice Jeffrey Hjelm of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch” for Privacy and Data Security Law (2024)
- Maine Justice Foundation - board member and member of the Grants & Programs Committee (2017-2018)
- The Restorative Justice Project of the Midcoast, Belfast, Maine - Volunteer Community Mentor (2013-present)
- Co-author, Companies Must Address Growing Chatbot Class Action Risk - Law360 (November 2023)
- Co-author, Maine: Internet Privacy Law Advances Consumer Privacy Protection and Fills a Federal-level Regulatory Void, OneTrust Data Guidance (July 2020)