Jared de Rosiers Presenter at Harvard Electricity Policy Group: The Challenges of Transmission Expansion
Renewable energy sources must expand in new locations far from loads and traditional generation supplies. In order to expand transmission at the scale needed, however, changes are necessary in planning, investment, siting, and funding. Program speakers will address an array of issues, including:
- How will large scale regional and interregional planning meet the new requirements?
- What conflicts will be relevant in local and national siting perspectives that may clash with the climate and clean energy goals?
- Who benefits from the reliability and resilience provided by large scale lines?
- Who should bear the costs, and how should the cost allocation interact with all the other aspects of the approval process?
- Are present institutions up to the task?
- What are the lessons about what works now, or what might need a new approach?
Pierce Atwood energy law partner Jared de Rosiers will share a case study on a large transmission project currently underway in Maine. Click here for more information.
Pierce Atwood energy law attorney Jared des Rosiers focuses his practice on complex energy regulatory, infrastructure development and siting, and litigation matters before the Maine Public Utilities Commission (MPUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and state and federal courts around the country.