254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
Pierce Atwood is excited to offer a half-day hazardous waste and universal waste training course. The course will provide training on Maine requirements, at $200 per person, with discounts for multiple signups.
We encourage early sign up, as space is limited.
We are pleased to offer this training as an alternative to other training that is longer, more costly, or that does not focus on Maine requirements. And DEP rules require training for universal waste generators.
This live training will be conducted in our office on the Portland waterfront. It will be presented in an informal manner, including opportunity for questions and answers, and we will work through the types of questions that typically arise from employees and from government inspectors – including recent enforcement actions and trends.
Our training will include recent developments and:
- Qualifying as a small quantity or small quantity “plus” generator
- Limits on amount generated and amount stored, and what to do if you exceed those limits
- Hazardous waste identification issues, including “hidden” issues in waste identification
- Hazardous waste storage issues, including labeling, storage and inspections
- On-site treatment: treating without a license and when licensing is required
- Universal waste identification and management
- Spills and clean up, including how and when to report
- Shipment requirements for hazardous waste and universal waste
- Manifest issues
- Closure requirements
- Penalties and enforcement issues
Again, if you are interested, please register quickly – in past years we have been unable to accommodate everyone due to space limitations.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Gilbreath at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-791-1397.