Lisa Gilbreath is an associate in the Environmental & Land Use and Energy Infrastructure Development, Acquisition & Financing practice groups. Lisa works on a wide variety of environmental and energy matters, offering clients strategic advice in regulatory, legislative, and judicial proceedings.
In her environmental practice, Lisa assists clients with numerous issues including energy project development permitting, energy and environmental litigation, air quality legislative and regulatory activities, air quality enforcement, hazardous substances and hazardous waste management, and contaminated property remediation and cleanup. She has broad experience obtaining the regulatory approvals for large transmission projects, and works closely with her colleagues in the Energy Infrastructure practice group to provide clients with comprehensive transmission development and siting counsel. Lisa’s background in energy law gives her a unique ability to advise clients in matters that intersect environmental and energy law issues.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood Lisa was a senior managing associate in the New York office of Dentons US LLP. There, she represented energy generation, distribution, transmission, and retail companies in a range of regulatory, litigation, and legislative matters. Lisa has also worked for state environmental agencies in California and Kansas, and interned with the Office of the Maine Attorney General in the Natural Resources and Government divisions.
At Pierce Atwood, Lisa is a member of the firm's Pro Bono Committee, and is dedicated to providing legal work for the public good.
- Member, Arctic Economic Council, Energy Working Group
- Member, Arctic Economic Council, Responsible Resource Development Working Group
- Member, E2Tech, Marketing & Membership Committee
- Member, Energy Bar Association, Electricity Regulation Committee
- Member, Environmental Law Institute
- Member, New England Women in Energy and the Environment
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Alumna, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Alumna, NARUC rate school, "The Basics Practical Regulatory Training for the Electric Industry"