Lisa Gilbreath is counsel in the Environmental & Land Use and Energy Infrastructure Development, Acquisition & Financing practice groups. Lisa works on a wide variety of environmental and energy matters, offering clients strategic advice in regulatory, legislative, and judicial proceedings.
In her environmental practice, Lisa assists clients with numerous issues including energy project development permitting, energy and environmental litigation, air quality legislative and regulatory activities, air quality enforcement, hazardous substances and hazardous waste management, and contaminated property remediation and cleanup. She has broad experience obtaining the regulatory approvals for large transmission and other major energy infrastructure projects, and works closely with her colleagues in the Energy Infrastructure practice group to provide clients with comprehensive development and siting counsel, particularly in the renewables space. Lisa’s background in energy law gives her a unique ability to advise clients in matters that intersect environmental and energy law issues.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood Lisa was a senior managing associate in the New York office of Dentons US LLP. There, she represented energy generation, distribution, transmission, and retail companies in a range of regulatory, litigation, and legislative matters, and represented clients in complex commercial litigation in state and federal court. Lisa has also worked for state environmental agencies in California and Kansas, and interned with the Office of the Maine Attorney General in the Natural Resources and Government divisions.
At Pierce Atwood, Lisa is a member of the firm's Pro Bono Committee, and is dedicated to providing legal work for the public good.
- Member, Arctic Economic Council, Energy Working Group
- Member, Arctic Economic Council, Responsible Resource Development Working Group
- Member, Energy Bar Association, Electricity Regulation Committee
- Member, New England Women in Energy and the Environment
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Alumna, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Alumna, NARUC rate school, "The Basics Practical Regulatory Training for the Electric Industry"
- Gilbreath, Lisa. What a Utility Company Should Know When Faced with Sampling for Emerging Contaminants. MGP Conference, Philadelphia, PA. October 2019.
- Gilbreath, Lisa and Gray, Kenneth. Hazardous Waste Requirements and Compliance Issues. Environmental Law in Maine seminar, September 2019.
- Gilbreath, Lisa and Gray, Kenneth. Federal and Maine Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Acts: Compliance Requirements and Penalties. Environmental Law in Maine seminar, September 2019.
- Gilbreath, Lisa and Gray, Kenneth. Contaminated Property – Liability, Transactions, and Remediation. Environmental Law in Maine seminar, September 2019.
- Board of Directors, Maine Gun Safety Coalition, 2018-Present