Pierce Atwood partner Kathleen Hamann will be moderating a keynote panel of government and industry leaders discussing the topic, “Elevating Integrity in Health Procurement: Learnings from the Pandemic.”
With the public sector playing an important role in procuring health products and services for patients, their purchasing power presents an opportunity to elevate standards of ethical conduct by any enterprise or individual seeking to participate. Discussion topics include:
- What are the risks for patients of unethical conduct in health procurement?
- What have we learned during the pandemic about the role of ethics and business integrity in procurement in health-related sectors?
- What more can be done by procurement authorities at the international, national, and local level to ensure firms and individuals adhere to ethical practices in daily operations?
Program panelists include:
- Roberto Viégas, Secretary of Transparency and Prevention of Corruption, Comptroller General of the Union, Brazil
- Juan Ferrer, Director, El Instituto de Salud para el Bienestar (INSABI), Mexico
Valentin Diaz Gracia, National Director, The Supply Center of the National Health Services System (Cenabast), Ministry of Health, Chile
- Rafael Andrés Díaz-Granados, Executive Director, Latin American Federation of the Pharmaceutical Industry (FIFARMA)
Please visit The Americas Health Ethics Virtual Forum for more information and registration instructions.
Kathleen Hamann is an internationally recognized authority in the field of white collar enforcement and compliance matters. Drawing on her nearly 20 years of service to the federal government, in roles at the U.S. Department of Justice and Department of State, Kathleen helps clients navigate the complexities of U.S. and transnational criminal liability and multijurisdictional government investigations.
The Americas Health Ethics Virtual Forum, hosted live from Brasília, will showcase the advances in ethics and business integrity, transparency, and good governance that have been made since the 8th Summit of the Americas hosted by Peru in 2018. The Forum will catalyze significant progress in preparation for the 9th Summit of the Americas to be hosted by the United States in 2021 or 2022.