At Pierce Atwood, each client has a Responsible Attorney whose job it is to see that we are providing the client with superior and responsive service at all levels. While clients often develop relationships with a number of firm attorneys and work directly with them, the Responsible Attorney gives the client a main point of contact and communication with the firm. We are highly ethical in our client representation, take conflicts of interest very seriously, and we devote considerable resources to ensuring that all confidential client information remains confidential.
At the Pierce Atwood law firm, our success is built on three core strengths: attracting and retaining superb legal talent, achieving superior client satisfaction, and delivering exceptional value. Our attorneys understand that our clients want creative and timely legal solutions from attorneys who understand their businesses. We also understand that clients want responsiveness and efficiency in the delivery of legal services. Our goal is to deliver all of these.
From discussing an initial scope of work to developing a mutually beneficial fee arrangement, Pierce Atwood prides itself on tailoring solutions to the particular needs of a client. There is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to innovative pricing, and the best ideas are the result of a candid dialogue between Pierce Atwood and its clients.
We have crafted numerous service packages to help clients minimize and manage their legal budgets. For example:
- Our Business attorneys offer a fixed fee arrangement for SEC reporting and compliance services that has saved some clients up to 60% of their budgets for this type of work.
- Our immigration attorneys apply the Lean Six Sigma process for certain types of work achieving total per case cost reductions of more than 25%.
- Our IP litigation attorneys developed a successful fixed fee joint defense program to fend off a patent assertion entity that was threatening banks with expensive lawsuits regarding ATM technology.
- Our Business and IP attorneys developed our Catalyst Program, offering startups the flexibility of various alternative fee arrangements and free services, helping them get off the ground and gain the traction they need to succeed.
We’re always on the lookout for ways to provide our clients with value added services. Our mobile-friendly ENViromation Center offers checklists and resources covering environmental laws in New England; we regularly publish alerts regarding recent legal developments, and we host webinars, CLEs, and more. We make it a priority to find ways to exceed our clients’ expectations by offering practical and time saving services.
Offering a "value proposition" has become popular among law firms. But it's not really the name that matters; it's the substance and service we provide our clients. Our value proposition is simple: we have some of the best lawyers in the country who, because of our lower cost structure, have very reasonable rates. We have partners in the firm who have successfully served Fortune 100 companies in the most complex matters, at rates often lower than associate rates at other metropolitan firms.
In addition, because of our collaborative culture, we get your work to the right attorney, in terms of expertise, industry knowledge, and experience level; and we staff leanly. We don't "pour it on" so to speak. The result is great service and great results at a fair price. That's our value proposition.
Pierce Atwood has 160 attorneys who provide a broad array of services. We don't do everything, but what we do, we do well.
Not only do we have strong expertise and bench strength in key areas such as corporate, litigation, real estate, intellectual property and technology, energy, and environmental, but we offer holistic, rather than siloed, services and solutions. For example, a client with a privacy issue can call on not just an attorney who has privacy expertise, but one who has privacy expertise in its industry, and one who has seen the issue not just from a transactional standpoint, but from a litigation standpoint as well. In any given situation, this may be one attorney or it may be colleagues working together. But in all cases, we provide a complete solution for all our clients.
Our success depends on the value we provide our clients, and our culture has long been a key factor in our ability to provide that value. Preserving our client-focused, one-firm culture is key to our strategy for future success. To acknowledge this important connection, we have distilled our culture into this set of guiding principles:
- Provide the highest quality services to our clients
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Treat each client as a key client of the firm, meriting the highest level of service
- Embrace innovative ideas and continuous improvement
- Maintain high expectations of ourselves
- Preserve a one-firm culture
- Respect and trust each other
- Create a welcoming, caring, and enjoyable workplace that promotes diversity
- Committed to professional development for all team members
- Recognize every person's contribution
- Value open communication
- Expect accountability
- Ongoing involvement in community and charitable activities
- Recognize the importance of balance in our personal and professional lives
Because our clients' businesses extend throughout the U.S. and internationally, we are prepared to cover far-reaching geographic areas though our membership in The Bridge Group. The Bridge Group is a network of law firms in the United States, England, France, Belgium, and Germany that call on each other to cover a wide range of legal expertise and provide top-notch service to clients.