The temporary Billing Specialist is responsible for performing various Billing & Accounting duties according to standard Firm procedures. Duties include creating and distributing monthly client/matter billing reports (BIM’s) and draft invoices, working with Billing Attorneys to edit and produce client invoices, updating and maintaining client and matter data, and maintaining documentation to support these duties. This temporary position is open due to one of our current Billing Specialists going out on leave in December.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Run monthly billing reports (BIMs) and distribute by PDF to attorneys/legal assistants for review
- Transfer time/costs and re-run new BIM’s and bills as needed; review, verify and edit time/cost for matters assigned while working with attorneys and legal assistants to ensure accuracy
- Utilize the system of controls developed by the Accounting Team to ensure the work product is error free
- Process bills and post in Accounting system
- Maintain a detailed log of billing activity and billing status each month
- Establish new matters in the Accounting system using the workflow designed for this purpose.
- Update and maintain Client and Matter data for assigned attorneys in Accounting system
- Provide ad-hoc billing and Accounting reports as needed
- Respond to internal/external Billing and Accounts Receivable inquiries
- Other administrative finance duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of billing processes in professional services organizations, along with general knowledge of Accounting, and Accounts Receivable procedures in such organizations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial
- Exceptional customer service skills; ability to respond to requests from internal/external customers in a prompt, professional manner
- Ability to work in fast-paced, professional environment with changing deadlines & priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word);
- Experience with legal billing/accounting software packages
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Heather Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org.