The Real Estate Paralegal responsibilities include the following in connection with commercial real estate closings: drafting deeds and ancillary loan documents; monitoring calendar to ensure deadlines are met; obtain MLCs, plot plans, zoning information and title reports and review of same and other documents as may be necessary to document borrower’s collateral’s condition, calling tax collector/assessor offices regarding parcel and tax information, using Registry of Deeds website to find recorded documents; run UCC and/or order official search from county and/or state; conduct other necessary searches to determine any liens against non-real property collateral; obtain filings and certificates of good standing from appropriate secretary of state’s office and handle filing of papers with Secretary of State to form and qualify entities; file various UCC filings; obtain payoff letters from current lenders; obtain missing discharges and assignments and other corrective title matter from lenders or pertinent parties; draft closing statement, or review if prepared by other parties and otherwise accomplish such additional tasks as may be required in connection with the purchase, sale and financing of commercial real estate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Position requires 1+ years’ experience as a real estate paralegal in a law firm, or in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of commercial loan documentation, title examinations and title policies is helpful, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a priority.
- Ability to multitask and excellent follow-up.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Heather Higgins at email@example.com.