Mary Clements Pajak has more than 25 years of experience in trust and estate planning and administration. She advises clients on their wealth transfer options, offering guidance and support from initial planning through the probate process, estate and gift tax return preparation, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, related tax matters, post-mortem planning, and trust funding and termination.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Mary was founding partner of the law firm of Clements Pajak LLC. Her extensive legal background includes serving as vice president and northeast regional manager of the Estate Settlement Department at Boston Safe Deposit & Trust Company (now BNY Mellon). She has practiced for many years at Boston area law firms, both large and small, always concentrating in trusts and estates matters. Mary is a frequent public speaker and has been a lecturer and guest lecturer at law schools in Boston.
Honors & Distinctions
- Honorable Mention recognition in Newton, Mass. Wicked Local Readers Choice Awards in the category attorney/lawyer (2019)
- A Lawyer of Distinction - Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, top 10% of lawyers in USA (2017)
- Top Woman Attorney in Massachusetts, Boston magazine (2013)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers®, Law & Politics® (2005-2015)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Maine Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association