Over the course of her career Cindy Worthen has had the pleasure of working with both individuals and institutions in all aspects of estate planning, including individual planning and planning across multiple generations, estate administration, and trust administration with the primary goals of transferring family wealth according to client wishes at the least possible tax cost while preserving family harmony. She has handled unusual assets, including closely held family business interests and collections of fine art.
Cindy's diverse practice includes the planning and administration of estates and trusts of all sizes, and family held business issues ranging from corporate governance to succession planning. Cindy was previously Chair of Pierce Atwood's Trusts & Estates Practice Group and she actively practices in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Cindy was a founding partner of Winkler & Worthen, having previously chaired the Trusts & Estates practice at Faulkner, Plaut, Hanna, Freund & Worthen in Keene, New Hampshire.
Honors & Distinctions
- Recognized for Private Wealth Law in New Hampshire in Chambers High Net Worth Guide (2016-present)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® for Trusts & Estates since 2013
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association (Trusts and Estates and Real Estate Sections)
- The Business Owner Died-What Do I Do? NH CLE publication, May 13, 2009.
- Board of Directors, Fred Sandback Archive, 2007-present
- Commodore Committee, Marblehead Chamber of Commerce, 2004-2006
- Board of Trustees, Keene Endowment Association, 1995-2000
- Corporator, Savings Bank of Walpole, 1996-2000