Andrea Maker provides governmental relations services in Maine and in Washington, DC with Maine's Congressional delegation. Her practice includes lobbying, government contracts, and strategic positioning of organizations. Her advocacy focus areas include economic development, workforce development, health care and real estate.
Andrea maintains strong relationships with Maine’s legislative leaders, Governors and cabinet members. She is well connected across the State and has personal relationships with countless other policy makers, business people, and association leaders that she has developed over her lifetime in Maine.
In the legislative arena, Andrea’s broad contacts, deep knowledge of the legislative process and ability to build effective coalitions and stakeholder relations position her clients for success. Some of Andrea's more recent successes are highlighted below in the Government Relations experiences listed under Practice Areas. Her sensible and proactive approach is refreshing and empowering in the complex and sometimes perplexing public policy arena. Committed to creating a vibrant state of Maine, Andrea enjoys working with clients and volunteering with civic organizations to strengthen Maine's economy.
She and her husband, Scott, hope that their four children always feel they have an opportunity to live and work in Maine.
Honors & Distinctions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Government Relations since 2013, and named "Lawyer of the Year" in Augusta, Maine for Government Relations in 2015
- Recipient of the 2016 Maine Real Estate and Development Association Public Policy Award
- Received the 2014 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award: Government Contracts Attorney of the Year in Maine
- Awarded the Crystal Heart Award by the American Heart Association, Maine Chapter in 2017
- Named one of four "Women to Watch" by Mainebiz in 2016
- Recognized in Maine magazine's 2016 "50 Mainers" issue
- Member, Commission on the Future of Maine, 1989
- Member, Commission on the Future of Maine's Paper Industry, 1995
- Graduate, Maine Development Foundation Leadership Maine PHI class, 2014
- Co-founder and Co-chair, FocusMaine, 2014 – present
- Board Member, Maine Community Foundation, 2009 – 2011
- Board Member, Susan L. Curtis Foundation, 2003 – 2010
- Founding Board Member, Maine Coalition for Excellence in Education, 1990 – 1995