Ann Robinson is a partner in Pierce Atwood's Government Relations and Health Care Practice Groups.
A highly regarded Maine attorney and lobbyist, Ann was a partner and former Chair of the Government Affairs Practice Group at a large Maine law firm, where she built an active legislative and regulatory law practice focusing primarily in the areas of health care, insurance, and professional regulation.
Ann most recently served as General Counsel and Director of Government Affairs for Spectrum Medical Group, P.A., Northern New England’s largest physician-owned multispecialty practice.
Ann served as co-chair of Governor Paul LePage's transition team, with specific responsibility for policy and regulatory review, and was also appointed to Governor LePage's Judicial Selection Committee, a group that advises on judicial nominations.
Ann currently serves on the Maine Public Broadcasting Board of Trustees and was appointed by Governor LePage to represent Maine as a member of the Uniform Laws Commission, a national nonprofit association of the 50 states and two U.S. territories.
She was appointed by the Bush Administration to serve as a Director of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston and is a former member of the Maine Human Rights Commission, a gubernatorial appointment.
Ann is active in state and national Republican organizations, including having served as state counsel to several Republican presidential campaigns, as Chair of the Maine Republican Convention in 2008 and 2010, and as state convention parliamentarian in 2012, 2014 and 2016. She also served as a regular panelist on the weekly television program Mainely Issues, offering political commentary on issues affecting Maine and its citizens.
Ann was the Republican nominee for Maine Attorney General in 1996.
Honors & Distinctions
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Augusta, Maine by The Best Lawyers in America® for Administrative/Regulatory Law (2017)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America® for Administrative/Regulatory Law (2007-present)
- Commissioner, Uniform Law Commission
- Member, Uniform Law Commission Study Committee on Data Breach Notification
- Member, Republican National Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of the Maine Turnpike Authority
- Member, Board of Directors, Olympia Snowe Women's Leadership Institute
- Member, Board of Directors, Maine State Chamber of Commerce