At the recent New England Conference of Public Utilities Commissioners (NECPUC) Symposium, Pierce Atwood energy partner Jared des Rosiers participated in the panel discussion, “Solving the Transmission Challenge for Decarbonization.” Topics included:
- How to build more transmission outside of the traditional “need” and reliability frameworks
- Who should pay for transmission
- Whether public support for new transmission can be increased
- If existing resources are being used to their fullest potential
- Lessons learned from recently proposed projects
Click here for more information from this year’s NECPUC Symposium.
Jared des Rosiers' practice focuses on complex energy regulatory, infrastructure development and siting, and litigation matters before the Maine Public Utilities Commission (MPUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and state and federal courts around the country.
New England Conference of Public Utilities Commissioners, Inc. (NECPUC) provides regional regulatory assistance on matters of common concern to public utilities commissions of the six New England states. They address issues challenging the electricity, gas, telecommunications, and water industries.