A co-leader of the firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice, Mary-Laura Greely has extensive experience as a transactional lawyer in mergers and acquisitions involving private and public companies, private equity, venture capital, and general corporate representation. She advises companies on strategic acquisitions and dispositions of companies, assets and divisions, significant debt and equity financings, management buy-outs, corporate governance and succession planning, employment, intellectual property protection, transactional due diligence, and partnership and stockholder matters. Mary-Laura serves as outside general counsel and a trusted business advisor working with clients on strategic growth opportunities and business-critical projects, as well as addressing day-to-day commercial issues.
Her clients represent a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, health care, medical device, information technology, financial services, food and beverage, franchising, consumer products, automotive, real estate, construction and service businesses. She has had significant experience representing both buyers and sellers in cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Mary-Laura was a partner in the Corporate Practice Group at Brown Rudnick LLP and Mintz Levin. In 2008, a transaction involving the sale of her client to a large publicly-held speech recognition software company was awarded the "Tech Dealmaker Award" from Mass High Tech and The Association for Corporate Growth Boston.
In 2013, a significant asset acquisition by a leading financial service company, and an investment management company from one of the country's largest servicers of home loans on which she served as a team of advisors, was selected for the "M&A Advisor Deal of the Year" Award.
- Recognized as a “Go To” Business Lawyer in Massachusetts by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Recognized as one of the leading lawyers in her field by Legal 500
- Named one of the “Top 10 Women Lawyers in Boston” by Women’s Business Boston for three consecutive years
- Recognized in Lawdragon as one of the “Top 500 Leading Dealmakers in America” and in its “500 New Stars, New World Guide”
- Boston Bar Association
- Former legal advisor, Rock Center for Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- Former co-chair, Governance Committee, and Member of Board of Directors of The Boch Center (Wang Theatre)
- Former member, Board of Overseers, Children's Hospital Boston
- Former director, Health Care Without Walls
- Former member, Governance & Finance Committees, The Boston Club
- Deloitte LLP’s “Board Ready Women” Program
- Mary-Laura has authored several articles, including, “Making the Best Deal out of an Acquisition” and “Due Diligence in Private Company Acquisitions."
- Representation of Airxchange, Inc., a manufacturer of energy recovery ventilation components, in its sale to Madison Industries, Inc.
- Representation of APG Security, LLC, a national uniformed guard and investigative services business, in its sale to Allied Universal
- Representation of Geriatric Medical Supply, a medical supply distributor, in its recapitalization with Silver Oak Services
- Representation of JLAM Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of Five Star Golf Cars & Utility Vehicles, LLC, a distributor of golf cars, utility and recreational vehicles
- Representation of certain stockholders in connection with the recapitalization of a Massachusetts cloud software company for the alternative investment industry with Blackstone Growth
- Representation of Osram Sylvania, Inc. in the sale of its Process Heating Division to Smiths Group plc
- Representation of a management group in its acquisition of a Massachusetts healthcare innovation consulting firm
- Representation of Davidson Co. of Meriden, Inc. in its sale to C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Representation of a Massachusetts specialty food supplier and distributor in its sale to an Italian private equity group
- Representation of a management group in its acquisition of a Massachusetts wholesale footwear company
- Representation of a fourth generation Massachusetts family-owned baking distributor in general corporate, real estate and financing matters, including the acquisition of several other baking companies
- Representation of various franchise owners in numerous acquisitions
- Sale of a minority interest in a Massachusetts investment firm to a private equity firm
- Representation of a national real estate holding company in its $250 million credit facility
- Representation of a Massachusetts manufacturing company in multiple credit facilities with its lender
- Representation of the lead lender in connection with a $47 million credit facility to a real estate development company and related bond offering
- Representation of a lender in connection with a $700 million syndicated credit facility to an automotive business
- Representation of a lender in connection with a $15 million credit facility to a Massachusetts retailer