Mary-Laura Greely has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions involving private and public companies, private equity, venture capital, and general corporate representation. She advises companies on strategic acquisitions and dispositions, equity structures, debt and equity financings, management buy-outs, corporate governance and succession planning, employment, intellectual property protection, and licensing arrangements. She has had significant experience representing both buyers and sellers in cross-border transactions.
Her clients represent a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, information technology, health care, medical device, financial services, retail, food and beverage, franchising, consumer products, and social entrepreneurial businesses.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Mary-Laura was a partner in the Corporate Practice Group at Brown Rudnick LLP and Mintz Levin. In 2008, a transaction involving the sale of her client to a large publicly-held speech recognition software company was awarded the "Tech Dealmaker Award" from Mass High Tech and The Association for Corporate Growth Boston.
In 2013, a significant asset acquisition by a leading financial service company, and an investment management company from one of the country's largest servicers of home loans on which she served as a team of advisors, was selected for the "M&A Advisor Deal of the Year" Award.
Mary-Laura has been a guest lecturer on various panels at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), Babson College, and Boston University School of Law. She has served as outside legal advisor to numerous start-ups at Harvard Business School.
- Recognized as one of the leading lawyers in her field by Legal 500
- Named one of the “Top 10 Women Lawyers in Boston” by Women’s Business Boston for three consecutive years
- Recognized in Lawdragon’s list of “500 New Stars, New World Guide”
- Selected by Lawdragon as one of the “Top 500 Leading Dealmakers in America”
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Board of Directors and Co-chair, Corporate Governance Committee, Boch Center (Wang Theatre)
- Board of Overseers, Children's Hospital Boston
- Corporate Governance & Finance Committees, The Boston Club
Mary-Laura has authored several articles, including,"Has ‘Say on Pay’ Had its Day?” and “Making the Best Deal out of an Acquisition.”