Geared toward corporate counsel, compliance officers, and HR and employee benefit professionals, this half-day program, approved for 5.5 RI MCLE credits, will cover topics including:
- A review of state and federal employee benefit compliance and enforcement activity in 2018, and a discussion of what lies ahead in 2019
- FMLA developments and common employer FMLA mistakes
- An overview of the RWU corporate counsel clinical externship program
- A review of recent litigation trends in which employers face liability over the management – or mismanagement – of employee benefit plans (led by Pierce Atwood employee benefits and litigation partner Brooks R. Magratten)
- Rhode Island and Massachusetts employment law update, which includes a discussion of recent employment-related legislation and case law (led by Pierce Atwood employment and litigation partner Mark A. Pogue).
Pierce Atwood is pleased to be a co-sponsor of this program along with Marsh & McLennan and Roger Williams University School of Law. Visit the "Batten the Hatches" registration page to sign up.