Jamie Baker serves as general corporate counsel for emerging, later-stage, and publicly-traded companies throughout their life cycle. Jamie represents buyers, sellers, issuers, investors, and underwriters in private placements, mergers, acquisitions, and public offerings. He also advises publicly traded clients with respect to compliance and reporting obligations under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Jamie served as an in-house attorney for The Timberland Company (NYSE: TBL) and before that as a corporate associate at both Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP and Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault LLP.
After law school, Jamie clerked for the Honorable John T. Broderick, Jr., the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of New Hampshire.
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Corporate/Commercial Law (2020)
- Board of Directors, The Center for Family Business, University of New Hampshire
- Board of Directors, New Heights - Adventures for Teens, Greater Seacoast and Southern Maine
- Represent NASDAQ and NYSE listed issuers in connection with Securities Act and Exchange Act filings
- Represented client in stock-for-stock merger with complementary target valued at approximately $150 million, including amendment to client's credit facility in connection with transaction
- Represented NASDAQ-listed issuer in stock-for-stock merger with competing NASDAQ-listed issuer
- Represented NYSE-listed issuer in connection with asset acquisitions of approximately $90 million and $25 million
- Represented leading global manufacturer of footwear insoles in connection with sale to private equity buyer
- Represented video advertising management company in connection with $485 million acquisition of primary competitor, including credit facility of approximately $500 million and additional equity financing of approximately $50 million
- Represented investment group in connection with acquisition of software development firm
- Represented video advertising management company in connection with $50 million Series C Preferred Stock financing
- Represented hotel developer in connection with the refinancing of multiple properties (in excess of $16 million)
- Represented job search application developer in connection with $1.5 million Series B Preferred Stock financing
- Represented NASDAQ-listed issuer in underwritten public offering, common stock offering, at-the-market offering and registered direct offering
- Represented real estate investment group in connection with initial formation and capitalization
- Represented private equity fund in connection with formation of $50+ million fund
- Represented software provider in connection with sale of primary technology ($10 million)
- Represented video advertising management company in connection with $9 million credit facility
- Represented software provider in connection with sale of the company ($10 million)
- Represent nonprofit entities providing after school programs to teens and meals to low-income and disabled individuals on a pro bono basis