Katie Minervino Discussion Leader for AILA Webinar: Practical Tips for Worksite Compliance: I-9s and Related Issues
There has been a resurgence of the Social Security “No Match” letters, as well as an increase in the number and frequency of Homeland Security Investigations civil and criminal I-9 investigations/inspections. Webinar panelists discussed recent enforcement trends and liability risks for employers, and provided guidance on advising employers regarding the need to implement procedures that address and resolve Social Security mismatches.
- What you should know: increased I-9 investigations/inspections
- Internal I-9 audits: when to audit, who should do it, and what should be audited
- The return of Social Security “No Match” letters: how should an employer respond?
- The interplay between Social Security “No Match” letters and other types of notices
- The interplay between Social Security “No Match” letters, an internal I-9 audit, and an ICE I-9 audit
- Advising clients on how to reduce employer risk
Katie Minervino has been practicing exclusively employment-based immigration law for the past ten years, helping employers and employees create and execute immigration strategies to meet their short- and long-term immigration needs. Katie is Chair of AILA's Verification & Documentation Liaison Committee.