Katie Minervino has been practicing exclusively employment-based immigration law for the past ten years, helping employers and employees create and execute immigration strategies to meet their short- and long-term immigration needs.
Katie has a national business immigration practice that includes obtaining immigration benefits for workers in a variety of industries and in a wide range of immigration work authorized categories, and she works closely with clients to ensure their immigration needs are met in a timely and efficient manner by corporate immigration attorneys who are personally engaged in and invested in each process. Katie also has specialized expertise on employer compliance in verifying the employment authorization of US workers. She is the current Vice-Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association Verification & Worksite Enforcement Liaison Committee and tracks closely developments relating to the Form I-9, E-Verify, and other enforcement related developments.
Honors & Distinctions
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2018 as an "Up and Coming" attorney in Labor and Employment: Immigration
- Received a 2013 Outstanding Service Award from the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project in Maine for pro bono representation of asylum seekers. Katie has been honored through the Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program (2012, 2013, 2014) created by the Maine Supreme Judicial Court for her pro bono service.
- Received the firm's first-ever Scribner Firm Impact Award for her work to keep pro bono and community service top-of-mind at the firm.
- Co-chair of the Pierce Atwood Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Current Vice-Chair (2017-2018) of the American Immigration Lawyers Association Verification & Worksite Enforcement Liaison Committee
- Member, AILA, Verification & Worksite Enforcement Liaison Committee 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017
- Frequent speaker on immigration-related topics
- Pro bono panel attorney, Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project