Pierce Atwood attorneys Jonathan A. Block and Elizabeth M. Frazier, along with representatives from Maine business and state government, will discuss the important state tax and legislative issues for this coming year. Program highlights include:
- Impact of CARES Act on state tax reporting for calendar year 2020, i.e. PPP loan forgiveness and expense deductibility
- Proposed legislation on mobile workforce tax situation
- Payroll tax deferral
- Status of carryover legislation coming out of state’s Taxation Committee, i.e. estate tax
- Economic “state of the state”- implications for state taxes, budget priorities, small business sustainability, and support
- Tax filing deadlines for 2021 and filing/payment penalty relief
Please visit Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants for more information and registration instructions.
Pierce Atwood partner Jon Block represents and advises clients with Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts tax problems. Jon litigates tax cases at the administrative level and through all levels of the court system, advises clients on transactional and multistate tax issues, obtains advance rulings for clients, and does a substantial amount of legislative and government relations work in the tax area.
Pierce Atwood associate Elizabeth Frazier focuses her practice on government relations, lobbying, business advocacy, and environmental and land use policy.