Brooks Magratten Editor of American Bar Association 2020 ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits
Pierce Atwood partner Brooks Magratten is the editor of The American Bar Association's 2020 edition of the ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits. More than 30 ERISA attorneys across the nation contributed to this year's survey.
The ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits is a go-to resource for attorneys needing to quickly familiarize themselves with ERISA law in any of the federal circuit courts. The 2020 edition includes:
- Updated discussion of the most recent and leading ERISA cases by circuit
- Analysis of the leading standard of review decisions
- Recent ERISA discovery trends
- Discussion of the Fiduciary Exception to the Attorney Client Privilege
- Examination of disability claims based on the Risk of Relapse
- Consideration of the consequences of a failure to make a timely request for administrative review
- Review of circuit-by-circuit approaches to common plan and policy provisions
Brooks Magratten has significant experience handling ERISA cases across the United States, and is a frequent author, instructor, and lecturer on ERISA issues and trial skills.