Andrew Kaplan on Faculty of EUCI Program: FERC and State Actions to Facilitate the Deployment of Energy Storage
Pierce Atwood energy law partner Andrew O. Kaplan, a leading authority on energy storage, demand response, and electricity and gas transmission and supply in the wholesale and retail markets, was on the faculty for this two-day educational program for energy professionals.
This program provided an update on how new federal and state regulatory measures will allow batteries and other storage technologies to more fully participate in the multiple wholesale electricity markets. Program attendees gained a more complete picture of how these resources will offer, operate, and settle in these wholesale energy and ancillary services markets as well as drive deployment in the applicable state jurisdictions.
- Review of Order 841 and Unique Aspects of Compliance Across the FERC-jurisdictional RTOs/ISOs
- Detailed Analysis of How Compliance Plans May Benefit Storage and Where the Industry Seeks Improvement
- Hybrid Storage
- Review of Order 845 and 845a
- Storage for Reliability Services
- Dual-use Storage
- How Storage May be Enabled and Deployed in the Non-market WECC
- State-level Storage Measures and Engagement
EUCI is an accredited corporation that designs focused conferences and training courses for practicing professionals in the energy field and other industries.