Pierce Atwood partner Alex F. Mattera will participate in this Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education program focusing on understanding and negotiating the treatment of federal tax claims in and out of bankruptcy. Topics will include:
- Chapter 7 or 13—The Rules for Discharging Taxes
- The Proof of Claim Filing and Resolution Process
- The IRS Substitute for Return
- Delinquent and Current Tax Returns
- The Return of Bank and Wage Levies
- Redetermining a Tax Liability
- The Federal Tax Lien
- Employment Taxes and the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- 4 Simple Steps to Determine Whether Chapter 7 Is an Option
Please visit MCLE for more information and registration instructions.
Alex Mattera focuses his practice on all aspects of commercial bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation, insolvency, business reorganization, and creditor and debtor rights.