In addition to our tailored training for individual clients, we are again offering a half-day U.S. DOT training via webinar for those involved in the shipment of hazardous materials. Hazardous materials training requirements apply to shippers of hazardous waste, certain biomedical and pharmaceutical wastes, some waste oil and special wastes in Maine, and all other U.S. DOT regulated hazardous materials. Retraining is required every three years.
Pierce Atwood’s training will cover the applicable U.S. DOT hazardous materials regulations and statutes for ground transportation, and will include the following elements:
- Hazardous materials regulations applicability
- Shipping name hierarchy and shipping name selection
- Shipping papers requirements
- Hazard classes
- Recordkeeping and reporting
- Container management and inspection requirements
- Preparation and packing of hazardous material shipments
- Labeling and placarding requirements for packages
- Emergency responses
- Security requirements and security awareness training
- Enforcement and compliance issues
This half-day training will be conducted via webinar on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, from 9:00 am to approximately 12:30 pm and includes an exam at the conclusion of the class. For those unable to take the course on the 5th, please contact Abigail Dyer to receive a copy of the recording to view at your convenience.
The cost of the training is $225/person, or $200/person for 4 or more individuals from the same company, and includes a certification of training. If you would like to attend, please register by clicking the button below.
The webinar login information will be provided after payment is received. Materials will be forwarded the day prior to the program.
If you have any questions on the training, please contact one of the following individuals: